Jan Peter Schiller is a Certified Employment Law Specialist and works as a partner of the firm out of the Duesseldorf office.
As an experienced employment law strategist with technical expertise, Jan Schiller is ideally placed to advise his clients on the transformation to the digital world of work. From this, Jan Schiller’s consulting focus has developed at the interface between employment and data protection law – and far beyond employee data protection. For example, he assists his clients in the conception and negotiation of complex works agreements on IT systems (e.g., personnel management, time recording, sales control, recruiting, CRM) up to the entire conception of a data protection management system. He has assisted well-known and globally operating companies in the introduction of data protection concepts – especially with regard to intra-group data transfer – and regularly conducts reviews of companies’ compliance with data protection law.
In addition, his clients trust him to design flexible compensation models, e.g. to restructure variable compensation components.
He also accompanies restructuring measures of any size from the conception of the business case to the implementation with many years of experience.
Jan Schiller regularly passes on his know-how in lectures and publications.
- Restructuring and reorganization of companies and businesses
- Labour Law during insolvency
- Digitalization of work environments
- Employee data protection
- Executive management advisory services
- Ecclesiastical Labour Law
- Since 2021 Partner of michels.pmks Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB
- 2015 – 2020 Partner at vangard ⎮Littler
- 2011 – 2015 Counsel at Bird & Birld LLP
- 2007 – 2010 Partner at Oppenhoff & Partner
- 2001 – 2007 Associate / Managing Associate at Linklaters LLP
- 2000 – 2001 Lawyer at Oppenhoff & Rädler
- German Bar Association
- Düsseldorf Bar Association
- Working Group Labour Law in the German Bar Association
- German Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)